Saturday, October 22, 2011

I don't do windows, though

My wife has a giant sewing table made by her Dad.  The surface of the table is a solid door with trim around that sits on custom cabinets on each side.  As you can see the sewing machine sits in a slot cut out of the center.  The machine is surrounded by a sort of apron thing which is also custom built and trimmed.  Her old machine was much smaller, so when she got this shiny, new machine the apron no longer fit.



I took a piece of cardboard and traced the new footprint of the larger machine.  My friend let me borrow his jigsaw for some reason, so I was then able to take the original apron and trim it larger so the new machine fit.  Sitting on a 3/4" piece of plywood and a 1/2" cookbook it sits flush with the table surface.

Pretty productive day for me.  Made dear wife super happy to have her sewing table functional again.

No comments:

Post a Comment